It’s my birthday and I have some things to give away. Just a few of my favorite things! How to enter. Simple! If you’re already subscribed to our newsletter, I have entered your email address into the draw! If not, no worries – just go to either website and put your email in the newsletter subscribe box. I’ve also created a link and have put in the show notes.
Event already ended. Thank you everyone for joining. If you want to keep ahead of the curve and get our free cheat sheets and worksheets or join our masterclass, feel free to join us on our #Explore and Innovate Bytes
SUBSCRIBE TO CANINNOVATE
Someone asked me recently, if Podcasting has changed my life. It really got me thinking, was this a game changer for me?
The answer was YES! Podcasting has made me courageous and more adventurous. I get inspired every time I do a podcast episode. I love being surrounded by people that are challenging the Status Quo. I’m doing more things than I ever would have done. I’m trying new things and constantly thinking ‘WHY NOT’, instead of ‘BUT’. A new fresh take on things.
At the end of 2018, I had made six month goals (instead of yearly goals), because I wanted the flexibility to add to things. So, my 3 goals were
- Publishing my Networking book – NAILED IT!!! In fact, I ended up on the Amazon Best Sellers list, which totally took me by surprise. First of all, I need to thank everyone for their amazing support for my book launch, Connect the Dots, turning strangers into meaningful network relationships. I have to say, I love all the emails and notes. I’m glad that many people are finding the book and the companion workbook so useful! One listener, said the book had the ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ type of feeling and they loved all the stories! I’m sooo glad. This has definitely been a labor of love! The best was when my niece that named the book, was reading it. I was telling my brother in law, that we shouldn’t let her read it because she’s too clever to begin with and will learn how to build relationships so that she always stays ahead.. She’ll negotiate and win like no tomorrow! And she’s only 10!
- Goal #2 was to conduct a free sales webinar. Which I did. I discussed common sales proposal mistakes and best practices. I’ve added the webinar information in the shownotes. I love teaching and sharing best practices.
- My goal #3 was to finalize the volunteer partnership, so that we can start to make an impact on the world. I truly believe that education and awareness is instrumental in overcoming any challenges and obstacles. If children start teaching their uneducated parents, then we have a hope for the future. We need to provide opportunities for those that don’t have that privilege. And I found a charity that does just that. I’ve partnered with Food for Life Vrindavan (FFLV) . In fact, a portion of the proceeds of the book is going to them. Primarily, FFLV runs schools providing free education, meals, skill training and medical help to over 1500 girls in Vrindavan, India. This also includes free Meal Distribution, Cleaning and Tree planting, Paper Recycling , Organic farming, Sewing and Embroidery Centre (providing training & employment opportunity for village women). Over the past 25 years of working at grassroots, they saw the intense hardships a girl faces without an education, Child Marriage being the most common one, where she is forced into an adult role at an early age. FFLV aims to keep the girl in school until she is 18 to prevent early marriage. We also encourage & support the girl to pursue university education if she wants.
I can’t believe that we’ve been producing podcasts for a year and a half! It’s been amazing and lots of fun! It’s been incredibly inspirational to highlight Canadian Innovators. In fact, One of the little shifts that has been happening is that not only highlighting Canadian Innovators so that we can be inspired to run our areas of our lives or careers better. We are also having additional global innovators talk about innovation best practices. Along with, having episodes about essential business lifeskills!
I’ve been getting a lot of questions from some of the listeners being concerned about how all this Automation/Outsourcing/Mergers & Acquisitions and so on is going to impact their careers and industries. The truth is, it is not a question of “IF”, it’s a question of WHEN. We are on the slow side of the rate of change and it’s only going to accelerate. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! I have an online digital course #FUTURE PROOF that helps people navigate towards this to get ahead, get noticed and even promoted! I’ve put a link in the show notes !
What are my goals for the next 6 months
- Do group coaching calls to help people #FUTURE PROOF themselves. I’m going to share some timeless management consulting secrets to help individuals become disruptors. I’m so excited for this online course – 8 hours of pure GOLD!!!
- Write my 2nd book – did I tell you that writing this book was literally the hardest thing that I’ve ever done! Well, going to do it again! But, I have definitely learned a few lessons! I have about 5 different topics, so I need to sit down and do some prioritization
- I’m going to do some workshops & webinars from discussing innovation trends to how to network effectively.
2019 is going to be awesome! This 6 months planning & goal setting has really lived up to the challenge. In 2018, I had set goals for the entire year and only did 2/3rd of them. I set up my 6 months goal and did all of them 100%, plus I launched a virtual book club that I adore! You can join the BrainFood Book Club! You don’t need to read the book to get the value from it!
Now, it’s my birthday and I have some things to give away. Just a few of my favorite things!
- You know I absolutely adore truLOCAL! They’ve generously donated an amazing Steak Gift Basket from truLOCAL – who is ready for the BBQ season! They’ve been on Dragon’s Den and got so many offers! We had Marc LaFleur from truLOCAL on the podcast. Episode7! https://caninnovate.io/marc-lafleur/ We are going to get him back to see how things have changed 1 year later.. truLOCAL is exploding and expanding soooo rapidly!
- Tease Tea has generously donated a brilliant tea basket.. They are really changing the world! You know I love my coffee… but once I started drinking these teas… my life has changed!!! Addicted to Skinny in the City and Tumeric Tonic Mind & Body Trio . I’m dying to try their Matcha Bamboo Kit.. addictive!! We had Sheena Brady on the podcast – E76 – https://caninnovate.io/sheena-brady/ . They are donating their Mind & Body Trio with Caramel Cardio, Skinny In the City & Turmeric Tonic (loose leaf 40g pouches) plus an infuser (valued at $39.95) as well as one of our Organic Ceremonial Matcha 30g tin and (not pictured) the Matcha Bamboo Kit, (valued at $39.95)
- If you heard Ariel Garten – you know that I ABSOLUTELY love the MUSE Meditation headband . Meditation has changed so much for me! It’s now part of my daily ritual and this MUSE headband really taught me HOW to meditate! We had Ariel on E41 – where she taught us how to optimize the crazy in all of our minds! And then we had Ariel on episode 45, that taught us the Innovation Mindset! PURE GOLD! I get so many emails about how Ariel has changed their lives! I even added this to Connect the Dots book because I thought these tactics are brilliant and more people need to reset their mindset!
- And.. based on our BrainFood Book Clubs great reads. I’m going to give away a few of my favourite books – Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stainer (E49: How to Get Unstuck), Your ONE Word by Evan Carmichael (E77: How to figure out your untapped potential) and of course, a copy of my own book: Connect the Dots, turn strangers into meaningful network relationships! (E81: Networking Tips & a cheatsheet)
How to enter… simple! If you’re already subscribed to our newsletter, I have entered your email address into the draw! If not, no worries- just go to either website and put your email in the newsletter subscribe box. I’ve also created a link and have put in the show notes..
Here is the link to join: http://www.sapnamalhotra.io/birthday
So excited for the next 6 months! I’ve got some stellar innovators coming up, some starting as early as 11 years old! Crazy eh!
Till next week!